- When you set up an
appointmentwith me on the phone, I will ask you to visit my web site to access the forms to complete and bring to our first meeting. This will allow us more time to address your issues at our first meeting. I will take timeto review conditions of treatment, HIPAA regulations, and answer any questions. If you have any questions regarding signing the paperwork, I would like to discuss these questions before you sign.
- If you plan to use insurance, call your insurance company and ask:
- Are you currently covered?
- Am I a provider whose services are paid under this plan?
- What is your annual deductible?
- What is the percent of coverage?
- What is the company’s “usual and customary rate?”
- What is the maximum benefit for outpatient mental health coverage?
- Please remember to bring your paperwork to our first meeting.
Remember: You are responsible for the entire bill, whether the insurance company pays or not.
I will bill your insurance company monthly as a courtesy to you and will follow up with them to assist in getting reimbursement for services. However, you are responsible for payment. Though I am on most insurance panels, if you happen to have insurance from a company I do not serve, the service might not be covered.
With couples work you will be responsible to pay out-of-pocket, for I treat the relationship, not
Insurance pays when the focus is on an individual with a mental health disorder and the couples work is part of treating that disorder. However, rather than focusing on an individual with a mental health disorder, I treat the relationship. If specific work is needed to address a mental health problem, I will treat the couple and refer out for individual therapy.
David C. Wade
1100 E Marina Way, Suite 221
Hood River, OR 97031
Licensed Psychologist: OR 1081
Monday – Thursday
some Friday mornings