I began working in the mental health field in the early ’80s. I worked in day treatment programs for children, did crisis work for the local county mental health center in The Dalles, OR, and taught some community courses in psychology. In 1988 I returned to school to earn my doctorate in clinical psychology.
In 1994 I opened up a part-time private practice in Hood River, which I closed in 1997 upon employment with the Hood River Hospital. From March 1997 through September of 2006 I worked for the Hood River Hospital outpatient behavioral health department, Providence Gorge Counseling and Treatment Services. My duties included psychotherapy, psychological testing, supervision, consultation, and administrative work. For seven-and-a-half-years I was the assistant director prior to accepting the role as the clinical director for my last two years with the hospital.
In October of 2006, I moved back into full-time private practice, and I have remained on the medical staff with Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
Though I specialize in working with children, I see many adults. Issues of depression, anxiety, trauma, behavioral problems, and ADHD are currently the most prevalent in my practice. I also have experience working with chronic pain management and substance abuse.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Oregon College of Education – 1981
- Masters in Counseling from Western Oregon State College – 1983
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the School of Professional Psychology at Pacific University – 1992
- Licensed (OR 1081) as a psychologist in Oregon – 1993
- Post-doctoral Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology, California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University – 2002
- EMDR Level 1 Basic training through EMDRIA — 2015
- Certified EMDR Therapist by EMDRIA – 2017
Memberships and Service
- EMDRIA member — January 2016
- Oregon Board of Psychologist Examiners Board Member, July 2008 – March 2013
- Member of NAMI Oregon, 2007 – 2008
- Oregon Psychological Association Board of Directors, July 2006 – June 2008
- Oregon Psychological Association Prescribing Medical Psychologist, Member, Sub-committee, March 2006 – 2010
- Oregon Psychological Association Legislative Committee, Member, 2005 – 2011
- Oregon Psychological Association Ethics Committee, Member, 2000 – 2004
- Med Staff, Courtesy Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, 1997 – 2016
- Hood River Memorial Hospital Bioethics Committee, Member, 1997 – 2011
- Oregon Psychological Association Member, 1997 – Current
- American Psychological Association, Member, 1993 – current
- APA General, Clinical and Psychopharmacology Divisions, Member.
- Western Psychological Association, Member 1986
- Oregon Association of Treatment Centers, Chairman, Steering Committee, 1984
If you have any questions regarding my background or qualifications, please feel free to ask.